Health and Safety is an intrinsic part of risk management at Brian M Durkan, a fact borne out by our position, year after year, as one of the safest companies in our industry.
As an ISO9001:2015 and CIF Safe-T-Cert accredited construction company, we ensure the highest possible standards in all aspects of our operations. In 2017, we were upgraded to a Safe-T-Cert “A” Grade, putting Brian M Durkan into the Top 10% of registered Safe-T-Cert Companies in Ireland.
We are registered with the Construction Industry Register Ireland (CIRI), the Construction Industry Federation (CIF) and Homebond.
Health and Safety Policies
In line with our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of health and safety, we:
- Provide a healthy and safe working environment and conditions for all our employees, partners and sub-contractors.
- Provide employees with all the relevant information, instruction and training they require to work safely and efficiently, and to promote safety awareness among employees and sub-contractors.
- Provide ongoing safety training to employees to ensure they have up-to-date knowledge on all Health and Safety issues.
- Ensure that employees recognise and understand that they have responsibility for their own safety and that of others.
- Identify and then eliminate, reduce or control risks in the workplace and protect those who may be affected by them.
- In line with our commitment to continuous improvement, carry out regular internal and external Health and Safety audits, evaluate results and implement recommendations.
- Regularly assess and monitor the risks to Health and Safety and improve procedures and work practices as required.
- Ensure adequate provision is made to promote safe systems of work.
- Encourage feedback from employees on the effectiveness of Health and Safety measures.
- Ensure that all sub-contractors working on our sites adhere to the same safe operating procedures as our employees.