Health and Safety is an intrinsic part of risk management at Brian M Durkan, a fact borne out by our position, year after year, as one of the safest companies in our industry.
As an ISO 9001: 2018 and CIF Safe-T-Cert accredited construction company, we ensure the highest possible standards in all aspects of our operations. In 2016, we were upgraded to a Safe-T-Cert “A” Grade, putting Brian M Durkan into the Top 10% of registered Safe-T-Cert Companies in Ireland.
We are registered with the Construction Industry Register Ireland (CIRI), the Construction Industry Federation (CIF) and Homebond.
In line with our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of health and safety, we:
• Provide a healthy and safe working environment and conditions for all our employees, partners and sub-contractors.
• Provide employees with all the relevant information, instruction and training they require to work safely and efficiently, and to promote safety awareness among employees and sub-contractors.
• Provide ongoing safety training to employees to ensure they have up-to-date knowledge on all Health and Safety issues.
• Ensure that employees recognise and understand that they have responsibility for their own safety and that of others.
• Identify and then eliminate, reduce or control risks in the workplace and protect those who may be affected by them.
• In line with our commitment to continuous improvement, carry out regular internal and external Health and Safety audits, evaluate results and implement recommendations.
• Regularly assess and monitor the risks to Health and Safety and improve procedures and work practices as required.
• Ensure adequate provision is made to promote safe systems of work.
• Encourage feedback from employees on the effectiveness of Health and Safety measures.
• Ensure that all sub-contractors working on our sites adhere to the same safe operating procedures as our employees.
In line with our commitment to environmental sustainability, we:
• Measure environmental performance on an ongoing basis and use this information to review policies, objectives, targets and resources.
• Identify and prioritise each client’s requirements, based on the manner in which they affect the client’s core business.
• Promote environmental awareness among all employees, sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Train our employees to be environmentally aware.
• Develop a site-specific waste management plan for all projects.
• Facilitate and encourage the segregation of waste materials, and maximise the potential for recycling.
• Comply with all statutory environmental requirements to help reduce harmful emissions.
• Explore alternative, environmentally friendly procedures and methods
Brian M Durkan’s continuing success in a competitive construction market is a direct result of our absolute commitment to quality, excellence and sustained economic growth in every aspect of our operations. Our accreditation to agencies upholding the highest industry standards demonstrates our unwavering adherence to these ideals.
We have achieved IS09001:2015 accreditation, which ensures that the company’s Quality Management System (QMS) is applied on each and every project that we undertake, and that the best possible quality processes are implemented from inception to completion.
Based on our long established working practices and principles, we have evolved and developed our ISO-certified QMS since the company was formed. We will continue to adapt these to meet the needs of an ever-changing building environment.
Our work begins long before ground is broken. We appoint a dedicated professional team to every project to ensure delivery of the highest possible quality standards. We assess all sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure they have the ability and capacity to deliver the standards of quality and excellence that we demand and our clients deserve.
Brian M Durkan is accredited by:
• The Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland (SCSI)
• The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
• The Institue of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – at the heart of Health and Safety
• Construction Industry Register Ireland (CIRI)
• European Quality Assurance (EQA)
• Irish Homebuilders Association (IHA)
• Construction Industry Federation (CIF)
• National Irish Safety Organisation (NISO)
• Safety Management Certified System (SMCS)
• British Institute of Facilities Managements (BIFM) – Ireland Region